Saturday, January 15, 2011

(19)

Days went by, we had a great celebration back in Tetop, where we honored our fallen with song and dance. Domino! Well, much to his happiness, was restored his feet. But not the hooves, for now they were the wooden shoes! (Although, they’re practically the same thing as hooves). Still, he felt human!

There was great celebration weeks later as well. Domino and Katerose had a spectacular wedding celebration, and it wouldn’t be long before my Queen took up a mate in Sethicus. All this love and joy was still shrouded with sorrow for our friends were still dead. But in Tetop, of all places, we just had to laugh.

I remained in the peaceful kingdom for a great long time. I watched the Royals grow old. I watched my Queen abandon her nobility and take up a peaceful life on a farm outside the kingdom. I watched as people recounted the tales, and how some would praise the newest blinking star (who we thought to be Laurp)! I watched all of this happiness with an excited eye. For this, my friends, was quite the event to have lived through.

The North Palace (from what I’m told) remained abandoned for years. Lifeless, shallow. Eventually, the North Natives (Davidio’s tribe) took up the place for they still believed the land to be theirs.

Queen Carmiella remained statued in the ice, in that tree. Gabriella freed our frozen troops (who hadn’t been smashed!), and so all that remained on the Snow Sand fields was the former Queen.

People would walk by--make it something of an attraction. But most feared it, for they believed one look open the frozen figure (whose sword still stabbed through her) would curse them for the year.

I went back a couple times. It doesn’t get any easier.

Oh, and what of KiKeck? Well, when we found her facedown, we approached. Katerose leaned down, being the hospitable soul she was. But then! KiKeck slurred a “You, Bitch!” and swung a dagger. Of course it missed dramatically, and Katerose brought her sword down on her. It was a rare moment of rage for the Tetop Queen, yet understandable.

I’m now in my late age for I have somehow held on to this life. I’ve seen many generations tell the tale of the Sister-Queens, and each time it becomes more and more fabricated. That is why I have decided to do this. So that the true story of what actually happened would come to be known. I’m finishing out my days in the far West, where the Sun lives.

Already, I miss my friends. My Great Queen and all those of Tetop, and of course, the Rebecca.

One day soon, I hope to see them again.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment